I love myself to the fullest with my poetry, h

I love myself to the fullest with my poetry, but whenever my dad yells at me, my love for me turns back into hate because I failed him as a son because I'm not what he wanted, and I failed myself which hurts me the most because I am a big writer and I love writing. Its just at times he doesnt see that in me, only my mom does. :pleading_face:

Remember two things. 1 we have no control of how others view us. As much as it hurts, sometimes the one who seem to disapprove of us the most are the ones we want to make proud the most. In my own life my dad has always been hard on me, but he will tell others how proud he is of me. 2 we all have a creative release. We are designed that way. We must find a way to release what is in us. So.e of us it is writing, some it is art, and some it is work. Release your creativity no matter who approves. Remember that Van Gough died without ever seeing his impact on the world. Every time we release creation we mold the future

2 Likes

Anton, loving yourself is the most important thing! Even if right now, it’s only one or a few parts of yourself (your poetry) you can work on more self-love with the help and care of others. I’m a writer too, sometimes our emotions run so deep.

1 Like

Hey Anton, if you're comfortable we'd love to see some of your work.

One of my favorite prayers and recovery has been God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the person that I can, and the wisdom to know that it is me!