I love being a behavior technician. The kid Im working

I love being a behavior technician. The kid Im working with right now gave me this picture and told me he's hoppy he gets to work with me lolol. He has made such improvements with the behavior plan I'm implementing. My job is a huge reason I choose sobriety everyday. Helping others helps me. Little does he know he's helping me get through my day just as much as I help him get through his. Life is funny.

5 Likes

Artwork from kids is some of my most prized possessions.

1 Like

Same! Omg! Do you have children? I do not, but am planning a family!!

1 Like

Not, yet. My husband and I want kids. We want at least 10. 3-5 of our own; and adopt the rest. We want to adopt teenagers.

How many kids do you want?

Omg my bf of six years now and I are talking about getting married and having kids!! I always think about adoption in addition to biological, too! Why do you want to adopt?

1 Like

I want 2, but my bf wants 5. Lol.

1 Like

I want to adopt teens specifically because I hate that if they're not in a foster home or adopted they're homeless when they're 18 or graduate high school, whichever comes first. A friend of mine was in a foster home. Her foster parent returned her to the facility the day after she graduated high school. My friend was 17 and homeless. Her foster parent did it for the money and wouldn't receive funds because my friend was a high school graduate.

Yes sadly I've heard of situations like this. Thank you for bringing it to light first of all and for being an advocate for teen adoption as well.