I’ll have 6 months sober on Friday

I’ll have 6 months sober on Friday, but for the past 3 or 4 weeks I have not been able to fall asleep at all! Like I will lay down at 10 pm and not fall asleep till 4 or 5. No tv. No phone. Just laying in the darkness wide awake. Any ideas in what I should do to help me fall asleep? I’ll try anything !

1 Like

Exercise maybe? Is your mind running wild? Download the pod cast sleep with me! Good luck

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look into that! My mind is going a million miles an hour !

Well there ya go try it....you need to breath and let go of all that you can’t control one day at a time..... trust me I’m the same way!

1 Like

Thank you! I needed to hear this!

Congratulations

Congratulations. I get that way too. I found it helps to write down your thoughts. It helps to get them out of my head and then I can sleep.

Try reading that helped me

Melatonin

Congratulations. :tada:

If you nap don't nap more than 30 minutes. Stretch before bed. Take a warm bath before bed. Take deep breaths when you lie down. The latter 2 are the most beneficial for me.

Read your AA/NA book, some of that will put you to sleep. But since you need to read it anyway....

I love to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. #productivity

Congratulations on sober recovery

Congratulations on 6 months.
I would say try to get a long walk sometime in the afternoon and take a hot bath before bread. Avoid caffeine and sugar after noon.

Wonderful on 6 months. Have you tried exercising? I will wear myself out then I sleep like a log.

I always fall asleep to music, keeps me outta my head and typically gives me pleasant dreams