I just want to be a sober person

I just want to be a sober person. I need to be. Or else I'm going to lose absolutely everything and everyone. I'm tired of drinking. It makes me sick. It only hurts people who love me. I lost my boyfriend of 10 years again two days ago because of my addiction. I got caught cheating while under the influence. I don't know if he'll ever take me back. I think Ive really done it this time. I'm so ashamed of who I am. I just to hide away. But I know I need to try and stay happy to stay sober. I guess idk. Maybe I should go back to meetings. But with the pandemic I'm not too sure about meetings anymore and where they are and if they're even happening.

2 Likes

I'm sorry message me if u want to talk

Try some zoom meetings, FB has a ton of groups with meeting info & if you google the city you’re in and AA inter group Itll give you meeting info

Start going to meetings. I need to start going too!

My ex cheated on me too while drinking. You made a mistake which is fine. Just see what pushed you there and then you can deal with it better. I'm here if you wanna chat

There are people out there who can relate. Don't hide or isolate. Sometimes all it takes is to reach out. There's a community here that has your back. Just say the word. :upside_down_face: