I JUST found this app.... who’s out there ? I

I JUST found this app.... who’s out there ? I struggle almost daily. My social life has almost always revolved around alcohol for the majority of my adult life. I have been making small steps towards finding other things to do. Night time is the worst for me though.

4 Likes

Hey! I’m here lol and a bunch of others who can probably relate to what you’re saying.

Years 15-26, my whole life revolved around alcohol too. I get it.

Small steps in the right direction is key. It’s useful to build a sober network. Whether that’s online or in person.

If nighttime is a trigger for you (that makes sense) try and plan one thing you’ll do at night that doesn’t involve drinking and try and do it consistently for a week. Ideally something you enjoy. I like putting my phone down for an hour and reading a good book. Or playing a video game. Or taking a mindful bath. It’s really up to you. The important part is to establish the habit. Then your brain will start associating nighttime with the new thing instead of alcohol.

3 Likes

I just found this app as well. Needed some excitement in my life lol. Hang in there it does get better!

1 Like

Finding a new kind of social life in AA meetings. I have met so many amazing women it's crazy.

1 Like

You always will find night owls over here just reach out , I made plenty of friends so far

Welcome Katie... my life was the same way...was very big into craft beer... it does get easier. This is a great place for support

Hey there welcome!

I just downloaded the app as well! It was very hard for me at first before I made some sober friends at the meetings. Its still not always easy but it's great to be able to check in with people daily