I just don’t know where to even start… I need

I just don’t know where to even start… I need advice on how to take that step into sobriety… I can’t do a rehab program because of family responsibilities and other responsibilities… I keep setting a date I wanna be sober by or start my sobriety but end up making plans to party with others or buy more than I need I’m putting my husband through hell where do I even begin

I am all for trying to support each other and hold each other accountable, even if we mess up. I am at the very beginning of this too!

There are numerous options outside of a residential rehab or inpatient. Check out the sober help section here in app. There is a telehelp section that has people you can call for guidance.

You're also going to have to change the people that you hang out with. I'm not saying that they are bad people but if you're trying to step into sobriety, hanging out with people that are going to continue drinking are going to interfere with your attempts at staying sober.

There's also going to be some withdrawals. If you drink enough everyday this will probably require some sort of detox program. But chances are you may be able to do it on your own by taking in some sweets for a while to curb the cravings.

When you get to the crossroads and you are thinking about picking up a drink, the first thing you should do is have some numbers of people that have long-term sobriety and be willing to give them a call.

It's important to play the scene all the way through and where you're going to end up every time. Alcohol addiction or drug addiction will lie to every time and tell you that this time it will be okay but it never is.