I haven’t had a sober birthday in 22 years. Mine

I haven’t had a sober birthday in 22 years. Mine is coming up in a couple weeks. I am so excited to stay dry, safe, healthy, AND remember my celebrations for once. Last year on my birthday, I got stood up, and I ended up getting blackout drunk and crying and throwing up on a bar room floor all alone. It was such a dark time for me. I am so grateful this is no longer my life :raised_hands:t3::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

25 Likes

Woo Congratulations!!

1 Like

Happy birthday, glad you will be sober for this one.

1 Like

Thanks so much!!

1 Like

You deserve to have a birthday that’s memorable for the right reasons :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: my birthdays spent sober have actually been far better than the ones I spent messed up. No DUIs, no arguments or fist fights, no getting kicked out of bars, or waking up with a hangover/still drunk surrounded by strangers :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face: thank god for sobriety

2 Likes

Happy early sober birthday!

1 Like

That's amazing! Happy birthday and congratulations! Looking forward to being able to say that this year! Thanks for sharing🤗

1 Like

Absolutely, there is something to be said for this whole “clarity” thing lol. Mine’s late next month myself and it’ll be number 3 sober. It’s an amazing thing. Congrats and keep up the badassness :metal:t2:

2 Likes

Great to hear. I just had my first sober Birthday in decades over a month ago. It was great actually. I had the most actually fun and relaxing birthday I had in decades. Have yourself a great one and treat yourself good. You deserve it….

2 Likes

You got this! Congratulations.

1 Like

Thank you!

Happy belated and congrats!

Thank you so much! Happy early bday to you as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :grinning:

Good for you. Sometimes the darkest moments lead to the ray of light moments.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday! Hope it is a safe and fun one! You deserve it!

1 Like

What a huge accomplishment! You should be so proud of yourself! I too have not had a sober birthday, except for being pregnant on my 30th, and I'm 38! Excited to be sober this birthday also!

1 Like

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Congrats! Sobriety is truly a gift.

1 Like

:relaxed::relaxed: