I have over 2 years of sobriety and have been

I have over 2 years of sobriety and have been really struggling lately. My mental health has been suffering lately and I know, if anything, that’s what will take me back out. I know I need to start heading back to meetings, but I really don’t know if I can put on a happy facade. Thanks for letting me share.

9 Likes

No reason to put on a happy facade. Be yourself. Be real. Your shares will help others. To give them hope.

5 Likes

Its okay to not be okay!

2 Likes

Hi Michelle.
The strange part of this miserable disease is that if you let your guard down ( stop going to meetings or working with someone else in recovery or have a higher powers help) you are bound to relapse. Take it from a relapse junkie. Meetings are for us no matter how messed up. I cry in meetings all the time. Total honesty and acceptance.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your struggles, definitely with you in this community.

2 Likes

Cry away the tears stop eventually

1 Like

None of us are ok.

That was a nice side effect of wearing a mask. No need to put on a happy face.

1 Like

What you're feeling if you don't go to meetings is the beginning of relapse. Your alcohol is telling you that this time everything will be okay. What happens if you drink? You will get drunk, you will pass out, you will wake up with a hangover and then you will have much regret and have solved nothing. Trust me when I say that I have been there and done that and it is definitely not worth it. Get to some meetings and get your head on straight because that is the easier softer way.

I’ve suffered from depression and mental health issues my whole sobriety, speaking for myself I have needed and have gotten outside help for years now, I do take medication for my depression because my quality of life is important to me.

1 Like

We all have bad days. Tomorrow is a new day filled with happiness!!!!!

1 Like

Michelle I can relate I'm almost at 22 months my sponsor is in the hospital with covid and pneumonia I feel depressed I don't want to go to meetings cuz of resentments I have with people in the rooms. Even though I know I need to go I've completed disconnected from my network.

GREAT COMMENTS!!
Depression is a state of mind. I know that I am as depressed as I choose to be. They tried to put me on antidepressants back around 2003 when I first got sober. They said I was clinically depressed. I'm an aviation enthusiast and if I take antidepressants I will be temporarily disqualified from qualifying for my medical card which is required in order to fly airplanes. I decided to stop taking the antidepressants after about 2 or 3 weeks. I have since then found a way to be happy joyous and free.

Good morning!! Jesus can cleanse you of all your ailments all you have to do is pray for it!! And I will do the same for you. You see!?

Glad you reached out Michelle