I have been thinking about getting sober for quite some

I have been thinking about getting sober for quite some time now, but I had slipped so far that I had to drink just to maintain a sense of “normalcy”. I had to drink so as not to shake, etc and was attempting to ween myself off, but it had been too much for too long. I started having hallucinations and extreme pain in my abdomen just before the weekend of the 4th and was hospitalized for a severe kidney infection on the 4th. They treated the infection in my body while they also detoxed me physically from alcohol. I came home on Thursday afternoon and although my body is still in healing mode, I have not had a drink in 10 days and feel amazing that way. I am looking forward to joining a community who support a healthy fun lifestyle without alcohol so I thought I would give this a try. Sometimes I worry I won’t be “fun” or missing out not drinking, but in my head and heart I know that alcohol turned me into a nasty person and was never a positive in my life. Thank you for listening and looking forward to getting to know the community :relaxed::yellow_heart:

9 Likes

Hi Meredith,

Welcome to Loosid. It’s a great community for information and support on this sober journey.

Keep up the great work!!

1 Like

Thank you Craig!

Welcome. This is a very supportive community. Best of luck. One day at a time. Hugs

2 Likes

Thank you Robin

1 Like

One day at a time. Meetings help. It can be fun. Change the mind and the habits. Life will return and change you. Better than what you used to be. For sure!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words Mike, each day is feeling better!

1 Like

You made a great decision, stick with it.

2 Likes

It's good when you try to stop somethings you know is not good,so just try to maintain your balance and stay healthy

2 Likes

Congrats girl! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Thank you Meg! Congrats to you too! I think we are both on day 10!

2 Likes

I absolutely agree Asmo! This seems like a really great community already. Thank you for the support and kind words!

1 Like