I have been getting so many friend requests from fake/fraud

I have been getting so many friend requests from fake/fraud people. Mostly women, at least I think, who make lofty claims and requests. It gets old. I'm an honest guy, 30 years sober, who wants to help others out as best as I can. I have no alternative motives, and will only accept friend requests from honest sincere people. I'm not anything special, I'm just that simple.

4 Likes

Yes I’ve gotten lots of sketchy requests too

1 Like

Seems like we have something in common. You in recovery?

1 Like

Be vigilant because they’re out there. Scammers are everywhere. Happy 24 brother.

May have been me lol I been adding people but I’m real

Yea, me too. Couple girls claim that I am the one for them and one admits she's drinking on the weekend and knows nothing about AA... the other was an account with some young girls pics but it obviously wasn't really her. Takes a special kind of scumbag to try and prey on people in early recovery

1 Like

I have talked to people for a while and found out 2 were lying. From other places and wanted money even when I specified I'm here for recovery support and don't even have the dating feature turned on :roll_eyes: ... agreed just be cautious. It is frustrating

1 Like

Bots. They are terrible.

I’m a non-drinker for 1 year now. I had covid in mid March last year and it was a life changer. Still dealing with long term effects but so happy at the abundance I feel to wake up every morning to a different type of life with total clarity and lack of shame/guilt!

Thank you for responding. Glad you are well now

1 Like

Hi Melissa, always good to hear from you. We have the same goals.

Looking at their pics you will know that they are fake , they are not smart after all , all we have to do is not be naive and ignore them, too bad they are pests that disturbs ours recovery

1 Like

Yes had my first one Friday some hot chick looking to text directly......was kind of fun egging it on for a minute. Sad that are trying to do it here too🤬

1 Like

It doesn't take long to find out their fraud especially when they don't respond to questions