I have a question

Does anyone know about sober living facilities and do you have to have come from a rehab or detox to be permitted to enter one or can i get sober on my own with the assistance of my primary care dr prescribing suboxen and go from there

1 Like

aloha house west palm beach

Im in new jersey

But i am all alone and need to be around other people a sober living bvb house can offer as well as the assistance in being and remaining sober a sober living facility can offer as far as going to meeting and being urined and being held accountable but again i need to know if i get sober on my own with the assistance of my primary care prescribing suboxen can i get into sober living?

If you're in the Sacramento area or Bay area I could give you some houses to go look at….. I completely understand though when I left treatment I was adamant about going into a sober living environment I trusted myself but I didn't trust my mind….

I'm in colorado and there's the salvation army harbor lights Program, Harvest Farm, which are free and the only requirements are a desire to get clean be able to provide a UA

There is a list of rehab facilities in your area here in this app. Tap find treatment then tap the sober living tab. They should be able to answer any questions you have about their policies

2 Likes

It all depends on the sober living. I have been in two. Both would take people as long as they had a real desire to stay clean. Both do prefer you to pee clean of any illegal non prescribed drugs and or alcohol. Best bet is to call them and find out.

Oxford House NJ

Vacancies - Oxford House NJ

Oxford House is a network of clean and sober houses that are fun individually and democratically. Everyone is responsible for an equal share of expenses with a zero tolerance policy regarding drugs and alcohol. Go to Oxford Vacancies online and it'll walk you through the process of finding a house with vacancies and applying.

1 Like

https://oxfordhouse.org/directory_listing.php

look up Oxford houses in your area. You don’t need to have gone to treatment to go to pretty much any sober living. google Sober Living and the city you live in, call around & see whats required. Some places can be pretty pricey but don’t be discouraged. i would also highly suggest going to some meetings in your area and asking around there for advice about local sober living. i lived in sober living my first 2 years of sobriety. I needed one with higher accountability for the first 6 months then switched to Oxford, which is democratically run and you keep eachother accountable. I loved Oxford. Most oxford houses you can’t be on suboxone though, so be up front about whatever medication you’re taking.

Where u looking? I know alot

Here in Ohio certain ones will accept u in ur situation and others dont. You'd have to call and ask bc some will want to detox u first to get u set on YOUR right path. Best wishes to u!!!