I hate emotions. How do I cope with them

I hate emotions. How do I cope with them.

I found with time April 12th is 10 years for me ,and im an emotional :sob: person period so i let it out. I cry i yell i beat my drums to death but being alone i find is the hardest thing if u have a good person who is there for u not with sum egenda but will listen it helps and it gets easier takes a long time for your system to start producing all that halpy juice it got so easy but it will come back..and with mental health education is always better then medication :pill: in my opinion and my own experiences on ssri's and other seizure causes drugs that made being sad sound great. Keep ur chin up. It will get easier and u have already done the hard part so just stay positive i know its hard with no dopamine naturally but it gets better. Doing research and learning about how, what,why,when and where is new with mental health hells me if u understand why u feel the way u do its easier to talk yourself down from the panic because its not u or ur fault

1 Like

Through my recovery I've learned that all emotions are valid. There's a reason why you are feeling the way you are feeling and learning how to indentify the reason was crucial for me. I learned how to turn anger into positive energy - go for a run or do some pushups or something. Being sad is a good feeling to have for me because it taught me that when I feel that way I can actually open up and be vulnerable and talk with people I care about and let them know how I really feel, honestly… and just talking through it makes me feel better. I learned not to discredit my emotions and accept them and try to find ways to use them positively. I still struggle with that but I put up reminders and quotes everywhere that remind me to breathe and so on. “Happiness is a choice, so is suffering.”

1 Like

Hey guys, thank you both very valid points. To be honest I want to stop the drinking. I dont do well with pills so I am trying to find a better way to be my usual happy go luckys self. I hide it well usually but others are starting to see I'm not doing well. Nor is it a topic I want to talk about at work. I tried some desert today at work and didnt know it had coffee liquor in it. I about had a panic attack. I have bad anxiety as is but that's usually where the drinking comes in. Aso I bottle my emotions typically so the fact that I cant help them at home and now almost at work. I dont know what to do. Today I was in the shower taking me a long one to reflect like always. I thought to my self I just dont want to feel.

1 Like