I had a very bad drinking day yesterday. I have

I had a very bad drinking day yesterday. I have been in a terrible job for about three months that has been giving me so much anxiety that I am medicating with alcohol. I've wanted to quit for a long time and yesterday I did. I don't have another job and am worried and depressed. I want to get help.

1 Like

I totally understand. Been there. Done that. Probably the same time you did lol. But, we are still worthy. God still carries us when we can’t walk. Don’t let a bad day define how you value yourself. Better times to come :blush:

2 Likes

Now is the perfect time to do so. Get to a meeting. Maybe speak to a doctor. And if you need it check into rehab. If you need advice from a professional there is a telehelp section in the sober help page here in app.

1 Like

Erin, life has many changes. I’m glad you are reaching out for help. Have you tried to go to a treatment facility? Have you called you doctor yet. Detoxing from alcohol can be deadly.
Depression is when we think about the past. Anxiety is when we think about the future. Being in the present moment is what I like to call true happiness.
Worrying about the past and future isn’t going to help with right now. Try to stay focused on the things you can do in this moment.
My advice is to sit in a quiet place
Close your eyes and ask God for directions. When I do this and truly believe the presence of God is felt and I receive guidance. It doesn’t always happen at that moment but it works. Believe believe believe

1 Like

Thank you all for the advice and kind words. I am working up the courage to go to a meeting.

3 Likes

One day at a time! You got this.

1 Like

There are a million and one jobs out there. Get to that meeting!

1 Like

Maybe it’s a good time for rehab then start a new job when you get out and can continue with meetings..

1 Like

I'd love to go to rehab but I don't think I can afford it?

Go to social services see if they can help you. Tell them you want to go to rehab but you can’t afford to pay for it. And see what they have to say it can’t hurt anything.

1 Like