I got into a pretty bad argument with my brother/roommate

I got into a pretty bad argument with my brother/roommate. He accused me of falling off the wagon. I was hurt. I am now 19 days sober and very proof that. It was the first time I was tempted to jump in my car and get a bottle. I’m glad I didn’t.

1 Like

Good jobs staying clean. That is expected for family members and friends to wonder or think you fell off early in recovery it just comes with the territory. The only thing you can do is do the next right thing, keep moving forward and show them with your action not words that you have decided to change. If you do happen to fall off and I pray you don't just get right back up and get back on track. Even if you do relapse doesn't mean your clean time was a waste you learn a lot and retain that knowledge and progress and find out what doesn't work. We're here for you keep up the good work I'm proud of you and make sure to tell yourself that you are proud of yourself.

Thank you!

He sounds like a huge trigger for you. You may need to move. I could never live with any of my siblings and stay sober. Its hard to choose your sobriety over all but its exactly what you have to do.