I feel pretty disappointed that most of the messages I’m

I feel pretty disappointed that most of the messages I’m receiving are from people looking to date. I don’t even have a dating profile on here. Nor am I even interested in any of that right now.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ve found that a lot of the posts do help me. It’s the messages that throw me off. And yes. There are a lot of people who have made attempts at my vulnerability and haven’t made it very far. I’m not giving up hope, though.

2 Likes

If people are "hitting on" you in the chats, flag their comment. The adms will be more than happy to delete those members. The chats are supposed to be a safe place and they strive to keep it that way.

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I said. I need sobriety, sober friends, who get it… not dates!

2 Likes

Im sorry thats the way they put this app together, I am glad your here and sober, I have been approached by many Fake eiger to get money people, but I just come in and put my 11 years of sobriety to the app

1 Like

Actually the app has dating as something totally separate that can be toggled off. ANYONE making unsolicited advances are subject to being banned.

1 Like

Yes, 90 % of my friend requests want to get to know me and could care less that I'm happily married. I need serious sober support. I'm not struggling with dating, I'm struggling with alcoholism.

1 Like

Stay focused on your recovery and journey. You will find that there are real people here.

1 Like