I drink about 16 oz. of vodka per night

I drink about 16 oz. of vodka per night. Trying to figure out if I need medical detox. I want to get sober. Doing this for 15+years.

1 Like

I would talk it over with a doctor. I hated myself so much that I thought I deserved the agony of detoxing alone. It was insane. I do not recommend it at all.

My doc is on maternity leave.

Nurse practitioner. Hotline. Some sort of medical person who can make an informed determination of your needs. Or you can err on the side of caution and just check in to an open bed somewhere.

Unless you’re addicted to benzodiazepines too, a clinic will give you some Xanax yo get you through and probably an iv to keep you hydrated.

At home you’ll have insomnia, cold sweats, shakes, anxiety, depression, and cravings on top of the shame and regret you’re already feeling for letting it get like this.

Thanks for the input. I’m going to reach out this week. My therapist said that I would need medical assistance and that freaked me out a bit. She’s on vacay for 2 weeks

I have children and want to get my shit together.

It’ll be 4-5 pretty rough days if you’re like me. I was up over a liter a day and drank close to 24/7. I definitely always had alcohol in my system or else I felt horrendous.

Get help people die from detoxing.!!!!!!give your self a chance.