I drank way too much and smoked too many cigarettes

I drank way too much and smoked too many cigarettes and the anxiety is really bad right now as I'm just waking up. I have slipped up and am not in a good place.

Hey Bettye, what can you learn from this slip? What happened that triggered you to drink and smoke? What were you thinking? What were you feeling? Also, anxiety is a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome. In other words, anxiety is future-oriented fear. So, what are you afraid of? What's the story you're telling yourself that's causing you to experience fear/anxiety?

I'm terrified something will happen to my kids because of my stupidity. I'm going thru a bad break up so giving myself allowances which is a bad idea for sure.

I understand. I've experienced devastating breakups myself. Well, as you can see from what you shared with me, your anxiety is the result of the stories you're telling yourself. Change your stories and you'll change your life. My article on https://www.unaddictable.org/beliefs might be helpful for you. Let me know if you have any questions about it. I'm always happy to help.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I can feel my body detoxing today. It sucks but i just want to get through the next few days and try to start building some sober days.

1 Like

You're welcome. Keep your head up and keep making progress. :slightly_smiling_face: