I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. I speak

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. I speak from decades of mistakes in recovery. I have tried it all and the only program that ever worked for me, if I did and only if I did what was suggested in the Big Book is AA.

Fitness is a great habit to get into. I applaud anyone who follows a fitness regime. I'm an advocate of Physical Fitness. But if you are a REAL alcoholic and/or other drug addict don't trick yourself into believing that it is a solution to your problem because myself and thousands of other alcoholics/addicts can testify that it is not.

Remember, drinking and or drugs was only a symptom of our problem. We have to get down to causes and conditions and the only way we are going to do that is by working with someone that has walked in our shoes and has since recovered. This person in the program of Alcoholics Anonymous is otherwise known as a sponsor.

The problem with only a program of Fitness is we may stop drinking for a period of time and eventually believe that we have proven to ourselves that we are not real alcoholics or addicts because we never dealt with the root of the problem. We only covered it up for a while.

Been there, done that!

Remember this also;
God gives us human beings the priviledge of the freedom of choice. But God doesn't give us the privilege of determining what the outcome will be of that choice.

Glad to be sober.