I don’t know what I’m even doing anymore I moved

I don’t know what I’m even doing anymore I moved back out to southern CA 3 months ago from the Midwest to get sober. My physical health Is like the best its ever been but feel so isolated even in the LA area. Fucking lonely as all hell. And feel like I’m teetering on the edge of fucking up. I’ve been going to meetings on zoom but just feel disconnected from people. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I just don’t want to start again because I know almost exactly what will happen if I pick up again.

1 Like

I totally feel you. I moved hoping to curb my drinking but it just got worse. What finally got me was starting new hobbies, for instance I started photography again after 10 years of giving up on it, same with music. Started finally writing songs down that I've had in my head for years. Best of luck hope this helps

1 Like

Hi Robert,
Get some hobbies asap. Find what you like and develop it. That will help a great deal. All the best to you.

1 Like

HEY Robert yes find things to do but REACH OUT REACH OUT remember to play the tape forward and see the ending if you pick up. Stay STRONG God is always with you and so are all of us here. Always got an hear here.

1 Like

its easier to stay sober than it is to get sober! download the aa meeting app so u can find some in person meetings!