I am very antsy and bored today

Journaling is great! I need to go back to a lot of stuff I did to ass time in treatment. It’s amazing how fast you forget.

I’ve been there Tina try joining a group on meetup there’s all kinds of interest groups

1 Like

Idle hands are the devils playthings

I find that to be true as well. But for today just take things one step at a time, maybe try to map out your free time with objectives whether it be chores or learning a new skill. Self improvement, no matter how small, tends to help me feel good about myself and not want to use. Not only that though, it gives me something to do in free time that I can look forward to.

1 Like

Hot showers or baths help me too!! Especially when I’m thinking about using drugs or a certain drug!! Also try some journaling or coloring! It’s very theroputical

Thank you! I didn’t think of coloring. I have some adult coloring books and jell pens. I colored in treatment and when I got out.

Thank you everyone! I learned so many tools in treatment. But for some reason life got in the way. I couldn’t think positive yesterday. But you all stepped in and reminded me.