I am on day 1 today

I am on day 1 today.
I got clean from hard drugs many years ago and never looked back. Drinking is by far the hardest for me because it’s everywhere and normal in my family and friends. I’m 35 and have been drinking for probably 10 years. I quit a few times, with the longest one lasting about 4 months. And it was always some lie I told myself like I deserve it, or I can have just one. At this point I’m starting to experience health issues caused by drinking and realizing that if I don’t stop, I will definitely get sick and slowly kill myself. Also, I hate that my kids are growing up watching their mom drink every day. I would love some accountability friends.

3 Likes

Hi Annie! Welcome. You got this!

1 Like

Please go to A A. Pick up the Big book. Read how it works and the Doctors opinion. You won’t believe how much you will relate.

2 Likes

Well said Eric

1 Like

Yes × 100

You're in good company. It takes what it takes to get us here. If you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it then you are ready to take certain steps.

Glad you're here!

1 Like

Reading the doctor's opinion is what really opened my eyes. When I read this, I knew I needed The 12 Steps.
Men and women drink essentially because they like the effect produced by alcohol. The sensation is so elusive that, while they admit it is injurious, they cannot after a time differentiate the true from the false. To them, their alcoholic life seems the only normal one. They are restless, irritable and discontented unless they can again experience the sense of ease and comfort which comes at once by taking a few drinks—drinks which they see others taking with impunity. After they have succumbed to the desire again, as so many do, and the phenomenon of craving develops, they pass through the well-known stages of a spree, emerging remorseful, with a firm resolution not to drink again. This is repeated over and over, and unless this person can experience an entire psychic change there is very little hope of his or her recovery.”

2 Likes

You got it sister!!

1 Like

I’m here anytime you want to talk!! You see!!?

Welcome, you don’t have to do this alone, with in person meetings opening up, get yourself connected, start building your foundation and stick close to the program.

1 Like

welcome! I am with you!!!