I am currently in the hospital

I am currently in the hospital on my fifth or so day detoxing from alcohol. I’ve been acccepted into what some friends have said is a good sober living program, but I’m just nervous. What will it be like? Will I do well there? Just worrying a lot...trying to have faith, but sometimes my fears get in the way. Any words of encouragement, or even wisdom, would be very welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Samuel. Congratulations on getting through detox. That’s a tough ride. Sober living is a great choice. I have lived in several such homes and while it may feel restrictive and a bit confining at times, the structure and camaraderie will do you good. Remember to focus on gratitude. Good luck. Tom

2 Likes

Thanks Tom!!!

Sure thing. Keep us posted on your progress.

Hi Samuel. How is it going so far?

Samuel. How are you holding up?

Thanks everybody wrote checking on me.. I don’t want to jinx it, but I am doing better today, I think :thinking::face_with_monocle:. It’s late so I’m going to go to bed now, but I’ll try and write you all tomorrow. Thanks again!

If you're alive and coherent, you have nothing to fear.

3 Likes

When living in a sober community just remember
It’s not bad people trying to get good, it’s sick persons trying to get well
That might help you get through the rough times in sober community living

1 Like

Hey Sam, is a 28 day program? Either way
You will learn a lot and get a good tool chest of tools to use later on when you leave. You may very well do well there being surrounded by folks all trying to walk the walk? Don’t worry!

I'm glad you are doing better Samuel.

Am very happy for you just because you are doing good now

I’m almost three months sober today and really working a program. Thanks for all the support y’all!!!

4 Likes

Fantastic news Samuel!!

1 Like