How to date being sober?

How to date being sober? Because every other girl I know wants to hangout at a bar. Or is it because I hangout at bars, I find someone who loves bars. What are the other options other than online, because I am never lucky dating online

1 Like

What about like hiking groups if youre into nature. Volunteering is a way I've met people. .. join a local sports team?

2 Likes

Suggesting doing sober things like going on a hike or to a coffee house is actually a great way to filter out people who have a drinking problem. When I was an alcoholic I would actively avoid or turn down anyone who suggested non-drinking activities because I thought I had to drink to have fun. Now I realize it’s a great way to filter out people who think that way I used to.

4 Likes

I recognize that mentality.If it did not involve dring(or being able to)I could count myself out.

1 Like

I need to find out door daytime activities. Maybe coffee spots, farmers markets, day time events

1 Like

”met the mrs. Playing paintball. shot her in the neck”. Joking, there’s no mrs. And I don’t play paintball, but i agree with everyone else’s suggestions… strike up a conversation with women at non-bar places and events. I was at at duffield farms with my mom in October and met a really nice girl my age who was doing the same thing with her mom. Just put yourself out there brother.

1 Like