How does one stay sober and enjoy it?

How does one stay sober and enjoy it?

1 Like

To start,, attend meetings and get support from all th awesome people I've met through there. I've gone to fire pits, out to dinner, movies, game night, Bluetooth karaoke (hooked up to my phone) and, of coarse, shopping. I'm meeting up with some friends for glow in the dark mini-golf in a few weeks.

2 Likes

Sobriety is like anything, it’s what you make it.

1 Like

Facts :sob: I'm struggling

For me, once I got sober I started enjoying life a lot more than when I was drinking. It takes a little time to get there, but I am enjoying everything more. Food tastes better, I enjoy exercising again, I enjoy doing projects around my house. I started meditating daily, and now my stress levels have gone way down even when dealing with stuff that used to overwhelm me. Now things that used to put me in downward spirals are just things I can deal with. And besides people you might meet in recovery groups, where I live there are sober social groups, sober hiking groups, even a sober kayaking group I found on the app Meet Up.

1 Like

At the beginning it is one day at a time… I've started hobbies and through this app I'm making new sober friends. It gets better, keep making the next right decision.

I’m 6 months in and I don’t enjoy it. But my life isn’t getting worse and I’m not dead. Win some lose some.

1 Like

Good question but tbh for me I don’t think I even enjoying being under the infleuence either. At least when I’m sober I don’t feel ashamed

my sponsor told me this when I first got sober and it’s always helped. The only thing you can’t do when you’re sober is use, everything else is fair game. I definitely recommend that you surround yourself with like minded people.