How do you start dating in long term recovery?

How do you start dating in long term recovery?

That's a challenging thing to do I've learned. Usually dating within the program blows up in your face my sponsor says because I'm in the same place you are. My sponsor says dating a normal non alcoholic or drug addict is the way to go and to not rush the process, let it happen naturally and when the time is right God will put someone in front of you and you just go from there. That's the advice I've been givin. Hope this helps

There are scenarios where dating within the program works out just fine so don't dismiss the idea altogether. Just be cautious and take it slow

Could it be when we bring to the table what we desire in a counterpart. I use to pursue trashy gals (not dirty) like in the song " cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton wig" although that is still a bit appealing. It really is not what I want or need. It seems as though John's suggest is a rational/safe approach certainly nothing wrong with that. I suppose you ask yourself where you are at in your recovery and what do you want? Pretty sure you know what you don't want, right?