How do you restart your sobriety when you just relapsed

How do you restart your sobriety when you just relapsed for a month? I woke up and looked at my self and did not feel good. I was so motivated about being sober and now it just doesn’t matter anymore.

1 Like

Have you tried AA ? If no meetings in your area then look into zoom meetings. You relapsed. Own it then listen others' stories. And read what people have to say here. No matter what, the AA community (and us) will welcome you with open arms.

Relapse happens, I don't know many in recovery that haven't relapsed at least once. I did in 1985 until 1989, been sober since. AA helped me, outpatient treatment helped, family helped. There are resources that can help, but they can't do it for you. You have to reach out and help yourself. It works if you work it.

The fact that you want to get sober again speaks volumes. Get to a meeting. Get a white chip. Keep going back. It works if you work it.

How do you restart? My thoughts are to think of the reasons why you are unhappy with using, and the benefits of being sober. Figure out the person you want to be. If the ideal/better you is sober, make up your mind and run with it.