How do you let go of anger? The negitive thought

How do you let go of anger? The negitive thoughts forgiving all the they have done to you because talking about it isn’t option cause we should move forward from now so how can you really let go with out it killing you inside and eventually all comming back up

2 Likes

Holding onto justified anger is only allowing yourself to be right instead of wrong. Who’s actually winning if you can’t prove your right anyways. Free yourself from having to control the situation. validation from them hurting you may never happen.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid of I don’t wanna be that person that sour I don’t if anything I want to move on with my life and not hold onto anger no matter if the people are still in my life or not

Allow yourself to move on, you’re the only reason and person holding that back. Remind yourself you did the best you could and maybe that person also did the best that they could at that time. Will it hurt when thought of? Absolutely but you don’t have to be a prisoner in your own thoughts

1 Like

That is a billion dollar question right there. Personally I find something physical to do until I am to tired to be mad. I prefer splitting firewood

1 Like

Good evening Ashley!!!  for me the best way to get rid of anger and negative thoughts I work through them. Yes it may take a while but that’s better than holding them in. And taking a big chance of them taking control of your demon. In your demon will take control of you. There’s no if and butts. That’s the way it usually happens. We as alcoholics tend to hold on to things until the breaking point. And a breaking point usually wins. So work through your anger in your negative thoughts. It’s the best way to do it right then and there. Find the meeting and people to talk to that’s what we’re here for. That’s what the meetings are for. To help us all get where we need to go.

The most effective way: Inventory and share with someone in my group.

You do need to feel those feelings and talk about it with a neutral person. That’s the only way you’ll be able to release the chain that’s holding you down/back. Remember, forgiveness is all about YOU, not the other person. If you are not able to do that, you might want to consider removing that person from your life. By holding on to that anger, you are allowing that other person to control you.

1 Like