How do you find a sponsor without going to A

How do you find a sponsor without going to AA?

1 Like

Good question. Wondering the same thing

We can start chatting about our recovery

1 Like

A sponsor is a person who guides you through the Twelve Steps of AA, so AA is where you go to find one.

4 Likes

Others may not agree with me, but I think you can just find someone who is sober that you can talk to about recovery and growth. In or out of AA, finding other sober individuals is key that we can talk to! Feel free to reach out to me in the meantime, I’d be happy to chat.:butterfly:

6 Likes

Yeah from what I have learned…Sponsors are directly AA related. Sponsors walk others who are learning through the steps. Therefore in any other programs there is no such thing as sponsors. Btw I am not involved in AA.

1 Like

Hey Lisa I totally agree and understand everything you are saying. I’m willing to chat also

1 Like

I think all 12 step programs utilize sponsorship. Sponsors are people who have went through the 12 steps and are used as guides to lead people who choose to through the 12 steps of AA or Al Anon or NA or whatever program you are needing. I don’t think you will find any AA sponsor who will not eventually want you to go to meetings unfortunately. That’s just the way the program works. Perhaps you are looking for more of an accountability partner?

3 Likes

I don’t think you will find any AA sponsor who will not eventually want you to go to meetings unfortunately. That’s just the way the program works. Perhaps you are looking for more of an accountability partner?

AA holiness? You could try calling up the central office in your area true too.

AA Hotline

Thanks everyone! I've tried AA and it didn't do much for me. Thank you to those who said I can chat with them as well

2 Likes

How do I go about sending you a message? (Still new to this app)

I'm not sure how to send you a direct message

Tap their thumbnail, then scroll down to add as friend. Once they accept you can dm.

1 Like

Here to help. Found Recovery to be a godsend!

1 Like

I'm not sure. If you find out how please let us know. This may be a valuable solution many are looking for.

1 Like

The sponsor-sponsee relationship does not exist outside of the 12-step environment as far as I know.

Thank you steven!

You can create an accountability and support structure without AA. After rehab, I haven't attended a single meeting and have 5.5 years sober.

1 Like