Hondo10

MADE MY 100 DAYS AND I JUST WANNA SAY SCREW IT , GRAB SOME FIREBALL AND SCREAM FUCK THE WORLD!!!! I HATE TODAY

You made it 100 days! That's worth celebrating without alcohol. Why do you hate today?

1 Like

I can relate. Take a breath & step back. For me going back to drinking only mad my life worse. Be strong you'll be proud of yourself for doing so. Blessings

1 Like

whether 1 day or 100….anytime spent clean is a feat! Celebrate your 100th day in a way you wouldn’t have been able to had you’d still been using! You’ve got this! Keep doing the next right thing! :muscle:t4:

2 Likes

Steven

People used to tell me to play the tape all the way through. If you decide to drink or get high, what will happen then? Drinking and getting high are only symptoms of our problem. We have to get down to causes and conditions. I don't know what your drug of choice was. Mine was alcohol and I found my recovery in Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. If you get a horse thief sober and he continues to steal horses all you have is a sober horse thief. Stopping our addiction is only a beginning. Another thing to remember is that it's 10 mi into the woods and 10 miles back out. You didn't get this way overnight you're not going to get better overnight. Life doesn't get easier just because we stop using. We get better at handling life but it takes time. I hope that you have plenty of phone numbers and you're not trying to go about this yourself. I hope that you are going to some kind of meetings so that you can be around other people that are or have been in your shoes.

I know the struggle. Someone told me to look at my disease as an allergy. You put alcohol in your body you have a reaction. Mine was going to jail or hospital. I never want either of those again.

Your advice on “play the tape” hit home. This is how I know I'm in the right place

1 Like

I'm having a rough one today too man, but drinking will make it ten times worse. There's no problem I can have that won't be exacerbated by picking up.

Yeah it took me a lot of screwing up before I was willing to play the tape all the way through. I'm an alcoholic. I'm not thinking about a drink today but there have been a few times where I've gone by the alcohol Isle and it triggered some memories.

I also know today that if my alcoholism is telling me that it will be okay to have a couple of drinks, I know that it's nothing more than a big fat lie.