Hi. New to the community. I’ve decided to stop drinking

Hi. New to the community. I’ve decided to stop drinking for health reasons. When I drink, I get hives, runny nose and sweat a lot at night.

My husband and I enjoy drinking together. However, with me wanting to stop drinking, it makes it hard when he drinks in front of me. Makes me want to join in.

Any tips on how you have overcome a similar situation?

Thanks!

1 Like

Maybe have a conversation with you husband about your struggles. Maybe some compromises. Hopefully you folks can forge some boundaries that serve you both. This site is a good place to express ourselves, gather feedback and find support. Hope to see you around, have a great day.

Hi Martha, have you expressed to your husband that you wanna stop drinking?

Yes. Most of the time I back out.

Thats great that you back out, but if your husband is going to con't too drink please let him know if you havent already that he "CAN NOT DRINK IN FRONT OF YOU"...because everytime he does...its just gonna increase your urge and guess what? eventually you are gonna give in...so, absolutely drinking around you and no alcohol in site for you!

That’s going to be tricky. I agree. It makes it very hard.

Express you're desire to him. Probably best if he doesn't drink at home and maybe just out with his buddies

Things to do that dont involve drinking? Get active together, could change the focus on how you guys spend time together