Hi I’m new here. I had almost 7 months sober

Hi I’m new here. I had almost 7 months sober and lost it just a few days ago. How many times does it take before I’ll get it right?! Feeling quite depressed and hopeless…

3 Likes

Lea, it takes as many times as it takes! Don’t beat yourself up. I’m almost 16 years sober, yet can still feel hopeless,depressed and alone at times .
It’s a never ending, ongoing process! Don’t over think and keep on keepin’ on!!:dizzy:

1 Like

I spent many years putting together days, I went out at 10 years and drank for a few years, miserable lost and wanting, it was a hard road to get the 11 years I have now, never stop trying, even today I have to push prayer any time my mind starts to beat me down, its the human condition, you are in the right place right now, hopeless and depressed, daily I vear towards feeling that way, its a inside job a day at a time. You can do it, character defects pop up and mess your life up, God's in control this to shall pass

1 Like

Slips happen. How we move forward is what is important.

1 Like

Never give up! It’s taken me 5 years to get 2.

The pathway to sobriety is not a straight line. It’s a squiggly, up, down, sideways mess. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you. Never stay down, get back up and keep moving forward.

3 Likes

Today is all that matters. If you're sober today, you're overcoming alcoholism! Take it hour by hour, minute by minute. Were all in your corner!

1 Like

Hello Lea!!! Everybody is different. Congratulations on your two days. One thing we have to remember in AA almost never counts. Every day that I wake up today is my first day in sobriety. Even though I have a few years. I can look back on how my life was. But I choose not to do that I choose to live life in today and today only. So it doesn’t matter if you have 1 Day or 1 million days do you still have one day. Just today.
Feeling depressed and hopeless comes and goes. It all depends on what you do with it is what counts. If you keep talking about things it’ll get better. Get yourself a sponsor and go to meetings 90 days 90 meetings. You’ll hear a lot of good things. I’ve heard lotta good things on this app as well. One thing please keep the faith within yourself. If you don’t have faith in yourself I have faith for you. You got this because we’re all beside you and behind you all the way.

1 Like

Time

I've tried many times over a 10 year span. You just have to keep trying. Wanting to quit makes all the difference. Don't give up!