Hi I’m an alcoholic and want to really cut back

Hi I’m an alcoholic and want to really cut back or quit! But I’ve heard so much about bad withdrawal symptoms! I want to do this on my own no dr’s etc or meds! Any help would be appreciated

When I worked in rehab, we had standing orders for anti seizure medication for alcohol detoxing. I agree with Mike.

2 Likes

Hi, Sean. We can't do this on our own. We're asking for failure when we do. We need people.

As Mike said you can die if you detox on your own. Tap the Sober Help icon to view the listings of licensed detox centers. Call someone and get the help you need.

1 Like

Best of Luck with that.
I’ll pray that you make it into the doors of AA before it’s to late. Here you are suggested a way of life better than you can imagine. When you finally hit that bottom and desire a better way of life you will be overwhelmed with the Love, Kindness and Support you will receive!
Dude I’ll pray for you.:pray::heart::sheep:

1 Like

It’s tough to do it on your own you could have sizures go to a 30 day rehab I try everything and nothing worked but the 30 day rehab no I’m over 4 years sober

1 Like

Two things can kill! Alcohol and benzodiazapines! To get off both requires medical intervention. You could go into d.t.'s and die. Follow the previous suggestions and go to a detox. There you will get care you need.

1 Like

Go to the Er if ur symptoms get bad. Not everyone can afford rehab. They’ll keep u for a cpl days and make sure ur good.

1 Like

I stopped cold turkey. Was in the hospital for one night.

Don’t quit cold turkey go to a detox. Trust me best step I did 8 months ago. 8 months sober is a blessing.

I’ve had multiple seizures from alcohol withdrawal. I even bit a hole through my tongue on one particular bad seizure. Don’t play with that.

30 day rehab is the only way to go. I tried using the hospital to get clean, and it worked but two days after managing to get a bed by using crazy complaints about things happening to me that weren't really happening. Strapped to a bed for 72 hrs with IVs, I left against medical advice on adavan and drank a pint. Almost killed me. Ruined my 10 year relationship. I ended up in a 30 day rehab anyway. DO NOT do it on your own. You need help and supervision. Your brain needs a complete and total reprogramming that can only be safely done with help.

That’s what I did. I don’t recommend it. I did not have dt’s but it was still the most physically horrible I’ve ever felt. 4 days of absolute misery.