Hi everyone! I’m new here and just starting my sober

Hi everyone! I’m new here and just starting my sober journey. I know it’s not going to be easy but I know I can do it!! For health reasons I have to do this and because I want to be a better person

5 Likes

One day at a time

2 Likes

Like Michael said Day by day. It does get better. And things in life work out. For better somewhere down the line.

2 Likes

Welcome

1 Like

Nothing to it really. Get over the first couple days it's down hill. Being sober is a sinch, being a full time drunk now that my friend is a bitch.

1 Like

Think about it . Myself being a drunk was the hardest job I ever had.

1 Like

Try and stay busy. One day at a time.

1 Like

Thank you everyone!! I know it will get harder before it gets easier. I can usually go a few days sober then I get a day off and drink! I don’t want to do that anymore!!! I argue with myself all the way home then I end up getting beer.

Sure you can. Keep something on you that will remind you can't drink. If I get an urge pull it out. Change the route you drive if there is certain place you would stop. Set boundaries between you and others. Work on relapse prevention and go to AA meetings. As a rehab relapse prevention expert once said to me if you are notworking on your relapse prevention then you are working on you relapse. You got this!

2 Likes

That’s well said thank you. I needed to hear that

1 Like

You are very welcome :pray:

How are you doing Lila?

Doing ok!!! Enjoying the day off!!!

1 Like