Hey yall happy recovery im 44 days sober and clean

Hey yall happy recovery im 44 days sober and clean wondering what type of things do u do at home to keep ur self busy? I cant eat anymore yall ima get fat

Congrats!

I reorganize. I go through things and donate whatever to Goodwill if I have not used the item in 6 months. I play lots of board games.

Read, meditate, excercise, lots of walks, clean, organize, and just relax and watch tv…

One thing about sobrity is watching movies and tv i never was able to do that using

1 Like

Yup, same with me. I find enjoyment in simple things now that I am not drinking.

I've had to lower my expectations and by that I don't mean standards I have to center my thinking around the fact that I'm not going to be on that roller coaster where For a while I feel amazing! Bring it on world and then when I run out of money I'm curled up in a corner wanting to jump out of my skin. I got a little off topic but I'm working on and becoming happy and content with a boring Saturday night being ok. Simple or not doing a lot is ok. I picked up a hobby coloring, drawing and now I'm painting. Or I'll play paintball with friends I find cool activities on the meet me app like kick ball games and what not. You gotta change as much as you can build connections with safe sober people. Also move your furniture around change where you watch TV if you can. Change everything possible

Here's a true story. Early in my sobriety I was at a meeting and there was a guy that looked vaguely familiar. A couple days later I saw him at another meeting and the next time I saw him was at a movie theater about 2 weeks later. He was on the screen in the movie Wayne's World. Because I didn't watch much TV when I was using I had no clue when Chris Farley sat down next to me, twice.

Movies, Netflix, reading, more movies. Just saw extraordinary film tonight called The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - truly inspiring!