Hey y’all I’m new. I feel I have an addiction

Hey y’all I’m new. I feel I have an addiction to alcohol and if I’m being honest I’m not sure I’m ready to be rid of it. But I know I can’t go down this path forever. I think it will help seeing other people who go through the same things and understand. I do feel that alcohol controls me. I don’t get drunk but I literally wake up in the morning thinking about my next drink and I don’t know why. Like why do I feel the need to have it?

3 Likes

I like the honesty you are displaying. The truth is you can't get sober until you are ready. I know because I've seen a lot of people forced into rehab by judges. It never sticks. Definitely check out the stories here. It will help you make the decision. I also recommend checking out the sober stories podcasts here in the app. There are some really powerful stories in those that we all can learn a lot from.

2 Likes

I felt the same way for a long time. I’m a successful woman, it’s not that bad. Let me know if I can support. I’m 2 weeks in.

2 Likes

Thanks so much y’all!! I will check those out

Check out a meeting, go to the App Store, and look up the Meeting Guide app. It'll tell you when and where the meetings are. Share what you feel and a lot of women will come up and help you :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hi Angela!
Congrats on your honesty! That’s what it’s all about!! It’s hard, but know that your “feeling” you have a problem because you do. Just keep trying to stay honest with yourself..our minds like to play tricks with our addictions, but as long as you reach out and work it, you’re on the right road!
Reach out to me if you like!
Love and light :dizzy::sparkling_heart::dizzy:

2 Likes

I agree with you, Michelle! I’m currently working to escape those tricks. I’m sober today and I aspire to be sober tomorrow!

1 Like

Thank you so much!! Will do :two_hearts::two_hearts:

Thank you so much :two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

No problem!!!