Hey guys, I’m brand new to this app. I’m just

Hey guys, I’m brand new to this app. I’m just two weeks sober from alcohol and wondering if anyone is going through some of the things I am. I’m probably being naive but I thought by now I’d be past cravings and the anxiety they bring, ESPECIALLY evenings & nights which was when I did all of my drinking. I’m also exhausted throughout most of the day.
Thanks.
Frank

Hey frank, I completely understand what you are going through. I remember the pain and anxiety and cravings of very new sobriety, and I will tell you that it gets better and the cravings will pass eventually. I found the answers I needed through AA meetings, getting a sponsor and working the 12 steps thoroughly and honestly. Reach out when your hurting and talk with others in the program, talk with a higher power of your understanding and ask him to guide you through this tough process. I promise you though, being sober is better than any high you could ever achieve on drugs and alcohol. Keep busy and stay positive is what I did to get my feet planted firmly

Hey John, thanks so much for taking the time to respond and for all the encouragement. I’m starting to research a group called SMART which I’ve heard good things about. I’m thinking the more resources the better. Be well man!

I've also heard great things about SMART recovery. Everyone has a different path to sobriety but we all end up in the happy ending we deserve!

Wow, that doesn’t sound easy. Sorry. How far along are you?

Love your last quote and may end up stealing it! Well said.

I just had a year 2 days ago. And I can tell you that I started drinking and drugging at the age of 10. I had a 17 year run with booze and drugs. This life I'm living right now is amazing! I don't make a lot of money or have fancy things but I am rich with friends and family and make enough to get by in life. Sobriety is incredibly enriching