Hey everyone! New to loosid! Here to chat with like

Hey everyone! New to loosid! Here to chat with like minded people. I’m sober curious.... my weekend drinking morphed into every night drinking. Sick and tired of everyday feeling like the movie ground hog day. Would love any tips on how to make “day one” of sobriety stick. Thanks for reading​:heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Welcome, Dara! :wave: I've found that everyone benefits from different advice based on a variety of factors such as their circumstances, personality, goals, preferences, etc. So I could tell you something like "take it one day at a time" or "go to a meeting," but most people have heard that hollow advice thousands of times and it usually goes in one ear and out the other. That said, I believe everyone would drastically accelerate their recovery if they had a better understanding of their beliefs and and how to use their mind effectively. I recently posted a new article on https://www.unaddictable.org/beliefs that might be helpful for you. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions. I'm always happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey Dara. It starts with 1 day, and support is key. Available to chat any time you'd like. Stay positive!

1 Like

Being open and honest is a great start… And like others have said, building up a support network. Welcome to the group, you made a great decision :blush:

1 Like

Have you ever tried to stop before? Have you ever been to an AA meeting?

I know AA is not supposed to promote itself but it's really helped me

1 Like

This was a great read thank you! I also went to the link and read that, too! Very insightful. I’ve never really been into AA. I can’t accept the fact that I can never ever have another drink of alcohol ever again… that’s too much for me. I would like to get to the point were I am totally turned off from drinking and I just choose not to! like Annie Graces “Alcohol Experiment “. Thanks for reaching out!

1 Like

Thanks, Ron!

1 Like

Thanks, Bryan!

Im honestly not mentally ready to commit to AA. I have a few friends that swear by it. I’m still in the phase where I think I can somehow moderate(but know and proven that I can not.) thanks for the tip! I’m sure AA is in my future!

Thanks, Kevin! Such a great reminder to not be so hard on myself. I needed to hear that today.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, I know how you feel. AA wasn't for me either. Annie Grace is awesome! I like her books and her Alcohol Experiment course. Actually, she selected my story to be in her most recent book, "This Naked Life: Forty-Eight True Stories of Finding Freedom from Alcohol," but they were on a very tight schedule to release the book and we couldn't agree on the edits to my story. So, I'm writing my own book now. It's called "Becoming Unaddictable" and I'm almost done. It's about my story of becoming addiction-free and addiction-proof and it includes the best strategies and techniques that I share with my clients. I'm thinking about giving the ebook version to everyone on Loosid for free.

1 Like

I definitely don't want to twist your arm, that's for sure. I'll just say that it's not really a commitment to take a peek at a meeting and maybe talk to some people. It's kinda what you're doing now! :relaxed:

But I'll leave it at that. I sincerely want nothing more than for people to find contentment and peace however that happens, so I hope whatever path you take leads you to that outcome. Moderation is certainly possible for some people, or even quitting on their own. I envy them because unfortunately once I start drinking I will not stop. And without working my program I definitely will drink.

Anyway no judgment here and I truly wish you the best no matter what.

1 Like