Hello new here

Hello new here. Hit 2 years sober yesterday. Have not attended any meetings, but am having trouble connecting with people that don’t understand the challenges or rewards of choosing to live a sober life

1 Like

Congratulations on 2 years. That is an amazing achievement. Meeting are a good way to connect, and you can connect here in the app.

1 Like

You don't need no meetings. all you have to look at is yourself are you happy with yourself all that meeting program shit is brainwashing if you can't do it yourself there's a problem! who knows you better than yourself…

Meetings! meetings! meetings! You network with people who understand your struggle and what life looks like without drugs… non- addicts will never understand what whirlwind having “just 1 beer” will set off. The people in the rooms of aa/na can offer you a perspective on life non addict/alcoholic can't

3 Likes

Hi, Ernie. It's a good idea to connect with others who were once addicts or alcoholics. I suggest connecting with those who were/are married or the child of an addict or alcoholic.

1 Like

That is what I am looking for, but I am kind of skeptical to go. Do I have to talk? Or get a sponsor? Can I just go and see what it’s like before I start trying to network? Or will I have to go through the steps?

Not at all, you can go let them know youre new to the program and just there to listen, give it more than 1 or 2 meetings brfore you decide it's not for you.. they will give you number and they are truly genuine when they call whenever… give it a chance, you ease into it at you're own pace

1 Like

how I feel how I look my amazing workouts and looking back at how sick I was and broken I was are my meetings .. I found meeting and steps to be a lot of pressure alot of work

Dude find new friends or people. Do your thing bro

Nice job man!

I love going to NA meetings. I love my sponsor too! Why do it alone if I don't have to?! Meeting attendance is free and priceless IMHO. As far as “brainwashing” goes, I feel and act more like an individual than I ever did on drugs or alcohol, my god!! My life is GOOD today. That's my experience. Thanks.

1 Like