Hello! I'm new to this community! Looking forward to hopefully

Hello! I'm new to this community! Looking forward to hopefully meeting some new people. I'm just a little over a month sober. Feeling good without the alcohol, but I am really struggling with depression and a lack of motivation. I don't have any really close friends so isolation is becoming way too easy again! :sleepy: Any words of advice?

1 Like

Try to get involved with something, anything that will make you feel useful and appreciated through that you will find friends but you have to make an effort. Look for ways to volunteer, church, civic programs anything that will keep your mind engaged!

2 Likes

I live by myself so I know too well the isolation.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will be taking an archery class soon so that is something I'm looking forward to. Hopefully I can find a place nearby to practice and meet people

It's difficult to get motivated to get out and meet new people.

1 Like

Remember little victories lead to bigger victories, so when people say one day at a time, accept that & live by it. You’ll be successful on/in your journey.

2 Likes

The isolation is very difficult - people suffering through addiction often burn bridges and isolate themselves in the process - I just joined Loosid yesterday and am using it to reach out to people in recovery to battle my own isolation! Message me any time!

2 Likes

Try the app meet up. Groups of people getting together with common interests.

Thank you! Same to you! That's why I posted this...to hopefully find people to chat with, whether near or far, it's nice to have someone to reach out to!

2 Likes