Hello everyone...just thought i would say hi bc since I'm

Hello everyone...just thought i would say hi bc since I'm clean i don't have friends anymore...totally worth it but its lonely sometimes...drop in and say hi!

I totally understand ever since I got sober and took all the bad people out I look around and noticed I got no one it's a boring lonely time but trying to keep pushing thru.

1 Like

Don't give up….i mean when we are all alone that's when we're in the best company right…lol

1 Like

Yeah I know what you mean… felt like I didn't have anything in common with anyone when I got sober. I have made some great friends here.

1 Like

You're not alone!

1 Like

Im wonderingam i really ready to meet someone to date though…but if i did i could occupy my idol time to help keepme kit of trouble…choices, Choices

feeling the same, wondering if starting to attend meetings would be helpful to maybe make some new friends. and the dating thing might be harder than it already is :disappointed::weary:

Congrats on being sober! I'm 3 days in this time but realize if I want to stay sober I have to give up a lot of people and certain situations. So hi :slightly_smiling_face: and good luck to us all.

You have friends that you haven't even met yet

Getting rid of drinking/using friends is a great start. it's a crazy time right now because of the pandemic, but it will pass. When things get back to normal we can all get back to getting to some more meetings. Just remember that it won't always be this way. getting rid of those so-called friends is good but spending too much time by ourselves is not good. If you were a drug user NA is a good place to start to find friends and phone numbers. If you are an alcoholic contact AA.

The worst thing you can do is nothing.

I've realized that dating early in my sobriety sets triggers for me that I haven't worked out yet. And I want to turn to alcohol when I feel these feelings. Focus on you & the right person will be attracted to that. :blush:

Hi Heather! I know the feeling. I either pushed everyone away because my using and then dropped the rest for my sobriety. I'm here for you. Contact me anytime!

1 Like

I know the feeling Been feeling lonely since I wanted to be sober. Just gotta remember why I chose to be sober