Have you ever had a nightmare about abusing and you

Have you ever had a nightmare about abusing and you wake up emotionally a mess? Its really a mind fk. :cold_sweat:

I did my second week of no booze. I'd wake up shaking and wanting to drink. Just got to power yourself threw it

1 Like

I just reiterate positive afirmations even if I dont believe them it eases the panic to remind myself that I can be ok. How do you power through it?

Honestly yes. I’ve been sober since nov 2019 now and I still have those nightmares. But when I wake up from them it is an even better feeling than being awake and saying no to drinking. Kind of reminds you how you really feel and what you really want.

1 Like

How do you power through it? You tell yourself that it wasn't real and try not to get the jitters. If you're anything like me you'll get the jitters and want to use for a few days or so BUT just remember that if you feel like you want to use there are always AA and NA meetings around to support you.

I suggest that you take that ass to a meeting and ask them.

1 Like

Im sorry you still have them but I’m glad you found the strength to not let them overcome you. I struggle with panic attacks, I’m just hopeful that I can get to that level of mental fortitude and every day will make it easier.

I do get the jitters but more so its the anxiety and depression that hits after snap out of these nightmares. I fear that my substance abuse will cause me to never be healthy mentally which makes me lose motivation to keep going in life. I miss my happy clean days so much.

With this pandemic it just feels like help is so far away out of reach. Shame has caused me to not reach out as well. But tomorrow I will make some calls, fingers crossed things will look up. :crossed_fingers:t3: