Hate being alone. But yet I isolate myself

Hate being alone. But yet I isolate myself dreaming of not being alone. Not have the courage to strive Forward, thinking I m different and people won’t except me. Because the way I talk or hold myself. I maybe slow and not a perfect speaker and do things ass backwards but for me it makes sense. I don’t know any other way.

I’m alone too buddy. When I was younger the partying and drinking it was easy to meet woman and have some relationships, but as I got older I also isolated myself and didn’t party or go out to bars because I just didn’t enjoy myself. I’m 47 had many hook ups and a few relationships but never married, no kids. It’s been hitting me lately that what did I do with my life? It’s was drinking and looking for the greener grass, pushed myself away from all relationships especially the one I regret the most that I ran from a nice woman 15 years ago. Hang in there

Be comfortable in your differences. You are you. Don't be a copy.

I have tou get a rein on my mind every day, the Isam part of the disease messes with me, old is getting old but my thinking can be tilted towards healthy things, I tell my self to love loneliness and get used to discomfort because its my lot, someone is watching out for all of us and there are promises

Make friends in here ,there are some wonderful people still,

Thank you for response.

Hey man it’s far from over, you have plenty of time to meet someone you want to spend time with.

Someone sent me this, this morning. Might help.

To Watch Loneliness Vanish~

As Bill Sees It, p. 90

Almost without exception, alcoholics are tortured by loneliness. Even
before our drinking got bad and people began to cut us off, nearly
all of us suffered the feeling that we didn't quite belong. Either we
were shy, and dared not draw near others, or wewere noisy good
fellows constantly craving attention and companionship, but rarely
getting it. There was always that mysterious barrier we could neither
surmount nor understand.
That's one reason we loved alcohol too well. But even Bacchus
betrayed us; we were finally struck down and left in terrified
isolation.