Has anyone else not had that much difficulty with staying

Has anyone else not had that much difficulty with staying sober? Because you decided you didn’t want to keep poisoning yourself? That’s been my experience and has kept me sober more than anything. I read an article about how people clean their houses with vodka, it had a counter spray recipe like vodka as an alcohol base with water and essential oil…It’s a corrosive solvent you can use like you use bleach! After finding that out I mentally can’t think about drinking it. Just like I don’t drink windex or Clorox.

For me, knowing that alcohol is ethanol (same as alternative fuel at the gas station for hybrid cars) was a game changer and I can’t see it as something to drink.

For me it was having another DWI and wreck. I was lucky. That time. Next time, I might kill or injure someone. That thought scared me sober. That and 4 hours in jail ÷ fines ÷ probation.
I have never wanted or needed to drink since. That was 26 years ago.

1 Like

That’s sobering indeed. Yeah I feel the same would happen to me. Like your mindset just changes. You associate alcohol with bad things and it’s just not appealing anymore.

For me I got tired of being "sick and tired of being sick and tired"

1 Like

I had one too many bad drunk experiences , two duis and two black outs in less then a week from each other. I am giving it up for sure

1 Like

Wow yeah. I think whatever works and what mental tools we use that works is awesome. I cant stomach knowing I was basically ingesting what would have a skull and crossbones on it if it was in the cleaning aisle rather than the “drinking alcohol” aisle. It’s the same stuff. Different label.