Hard Choices

Probably to find a way to diffuse the depression and anxiety that made me drink in the first place. Whether drinking, smoking or any other substance, my intent was always to alter my reality in some way.

Letting go & not bad mouthing my ex while in the process, for what & who she did. Trying to respect my childrenā€™s mothers minus their hypocritical ways & unfortunately their inevitable lies. However, Having ultimate faith that my God has a better story for me in this next chapter or book.

I wish it was as easy to gain trust as it was to lose it. I hope you've been forgiven though others are working on trusting you again.

Hi Kelly. I'm sorry about your wife. I can only imagine how bad that hurts. If you need to talk I'm here.

I don't have the words in my vocabulary to describe how proud of you I am. Through the darkest moment in your life you stayed sober. I know you're still struggling with the loss of your wife. Here you are: taking it 1 day at a time and reminding your old addiction you're still boss. That's pretty cool in my book.

Thank you.

Bro, I know exactly how you feel. It's gut wrenching.

Yes, work on improving your self-respect. We all make mistakes. We don't deserve a life sentence because of them.

Are you 100% where you want to be on dealing with your emotions? How do you deal with them now? I cry a lot. That helps me deal with my bad emotions.

That would be hard. Are you receiving the support/help you need from family and friends?

Yikes! I am sorry. I hope she recognize the problem soon and deal with her pain a healthy way. That would be the best thing she can do for your relationship.

Please keep fighting for your wife. She needs you.

The latter is true for most, if not all. I am glad you recognized that and are working on a change. Have you found a way to deal with your anxiety and depression?

I definitely believe in Jesus to give me a better story. He already has. I am in awe of Him.

I'm glad you're focusing on being a great co-parent. It takes maturity not to share your side though you've wronged. We as humans can learn from you.

Lol I doubt it but, that's okay. Just happy to be sober and atleast attempt to make amends with the people I've shown my ass too

Your stronger than me. After I stopped drinking I started just deleting whole conversations that I didn't want to look back on. Now I don't know exactly where I left some conversations at ... it's like waiting to see if I was a jackass the last time we talked :confused:

I did as well with drinking. I decided to start seeing someone to be able to talk about my anxiety and how to handle it. I find it helpful. Maybe it would for you too if you haven't tackled it already.

Can I ask if you have had those conversations and how they went? I have kinda of made myself disappear from old connections and don't know how to explain why if I do want to open up lines of communication again

I do the same Amanda. I just sometimes have to remind myself crying is ok. It's better than ever picking up a drink again.

A divorce, selling buying a house, and empty nesting all at once.

Reflecting on my actions/the way my life used to be. And deciding in order to feel and be better was to change. To always try to make the "right" decision.

I've for sure not looked at a lot of the drunk text. It's a scary thing to look at and very embarrassing. I'm going to try hard though to let the people closest to me that I had a relapse at the time of those messages. It's going to take a lot of courage. Think that's going to be a big thing on my fourth step