Guys, I just got the check for my daughter &

Guys, I just got the check for my daughter & I's lunch with no alcoholic beverages on it. NICE! So much cheaper :green_heart:

12 Likes

Hello, yes cheaper and enjoyable

Not to mention, food is so much more enjoyable when you don't 24/7 binge and are actually hungry.

1 Like

My stomach and GI tract in general was so fucked up for the last several years of my drinking career that I thought I was permanently damaged. I was living off Imodium AD and kept a change of clothes and baby wipes in my car and at work. I was a mess. And I had anxiety about shitting myself all the time.

It took about 4 months to get back to “normal”.

Probably TMI but whatever. Your comment about actually being hungry brought back all those memories.

1 Like

I love this, good job! I use the extra $$ to buy desserts now!! :ice_cream::cake::ok_hand:

Totally, that is a great perk of sobriety😊 Thanks for sharing

1 Like

OMG my stomach was fkd too. It's actually not healed yet. Years of abusing my body w/ liquor & foood. A lot less pain already though.

1 Like

I stopped drinking coffee in October of 2013. I made up lies about why it messed me up so badly. I knew it was the booze.

1 Like

Easy on your self ebbi

Hey I cut sugar out a few years ago, attempt to eat healthy , more water stuff like that, its mostly the healthy choices, it all an attempt

Yes, food taste so much better and you can also enjoy the rest of the day!

1 Like

I know! Insane how mush it use to cost to go out and was literally something I would budget for as a "staple" to a good time. Now I can taste the food, enjoy my company, am not longer preoccupied with how longer the service is taking so I can get one down and order another before the meal ... geez.

So glad you had a nice lunch with your daughter :two_hearts:!

Im glad your here Ebbing, i made a meeting today, I needed it