Got out of detox today so still super new and

Got out of detox today so still super new and trying my best any advice is appreciated

1 Like

Congratulations Jake!!!! Keep up the good work. It shows that you’re trying because you’re here and you’re asking for help. Best thing you could’ve done was get yourself sober. There’s nothing like sobriety. And the people here on this app are great we are here to help one another stay sober. Anything and everything we help with if we can. I might have a few years sober but I still need help time to time. And I am not ashamed to admit it because I’m an alcoholic. I’ve done it one day at a time and I’m still doing it one day at a time. That’s all we need is one day at a time if that don’t work take it one hour at a time.Remember it works if you work it so work it because you’re worth it.

1 Like

Show yourself grace. When you're overwhelmed/trying not to use/just everyday advice: do something you love. Take an adventure.

1 Like

I recommend finding a program and home group that works for you. I went with 12 steps and it saved my life. It fellowship and the firsthand experience of people who used to be like me but now are sober helped me tremendously.

Lots of ppl say 90 meetings in 90 days. I got sober during Covid and zoom meetings didn’t do it for me so I did my 2 meetings a week plus a few more hours with my sponsor.

The absolute best program of recovery is the one that works for you. Try them all. Find the shoe that fits. Just remember what they all have in common is the experience, strength and hope that comes from connecting with other people who used to be like you and now they have what you want!!

You can do this if you put the work in.

1 Like