Good morning..πŸ‘‹πŸΌ

I do know what you mean...and you're right. I haven't thought about it as disrespecting ones self as well as others...hmm..but it is. And it definitely does cause low self esteem. Iv felt the same many times after drinking...and it sucks feeling like that. That's good motivation. I like that. We are better than that. We can do better. You already are.

1 Like

Yes Samantha I'm still taking it one day at a time after all these years.. And it's still working !

Hi Samantha! 7 months without a drink now. I joined the app because it’s still very tough to be surrounded by people who drink. You will get through it!

Thank you Jason. :blush:

Welcome :wave:! I've been using Loosid for coffee support since last year. I think it's a great place to find friends who are or have gone through similar struggles. Stay strong :muscle: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I’m also new! Just signed up for the app and I’m 24 hours sober. Doesn’t seem like a lot but it’s a big deal for me. 25 and looking for new friends

2 Likes

10 months ago I was 1 day sober. Sweating. Freezing. Shaking. Feeling like death. Today marks 10 months. It can be done. 5.31.2020

1 Like

Hi Amy nice to meet you same looking for fellow friends while trying to stay sober. :blush:

What was your first day sober like?

Thank you Craig. Amd congrats on 10 months thats huge. :clap:

I was in jail, so it wasn’t too good.

I made it 142 days from that one. Then a relapse from mid November 2019 until May 30 2020.

After that relapse I finally admitted that I was beyond being able to do it myself or my way. Therapy hadn’t worked. My dad begged me to try AA. That was all it took. 2 meetings and I went from being alone on an island of misery to being in a club of people just like me who didn’t drink anymore and that all of a sudden was a possibility for me.

Yeah been there done that. I'm tired of waking up not remembering and not knowing who I called or what I did .. Thats the part that gives me anxiety don't kno who to apologize to due to blacking out.

1 Like

It was family and friend for me when I go out I go hard 100% so I do a lot of stupid things that I'm drinking then the dope comes out it's over keep your head up Samantha you got this man

You are a miracle, I hope your journey is a exciting as mine

Glad you're here! Welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome!! Happy to hear about your new found journey here in recovery!!! Xoxoxoxox. Its a beautiful thing

Good morning!

Good morning Sam, I don't have much time but I've been working at this for 20 years. Anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask