Good morning

Today is day two, if yesterday doesn't count. It's day one, yesterday I confided in doctors and medical assistants that I'm an alcoholic and I want to change that. I've been prescribed medication and also been gifted with words of encouragement and understanding. I work at this clinic and it was so hard for me to say hey, I've got a problem. I've always given the impression that everything is alright with me, but when I go home, alone, that's when the troubling turmoil of my thoughts roam wild. It's nice to know even medical assistants and doctors have had their battles with some of their own vices and still managed to come out victorious. I will also do the same but it's just the beginning that's hard, it's like going on a date with someone you really like, first time is kind of nerve racking, by next week a little easier, another week, you share more than usual and viola, you're in complete awe and bliss.. don't get me wrong, I don't always think about the pretty parts of having a relationship, there's bound to be difficulties, but the tough times are what really reward you. I am willing.

1 Like

I am glad you found the strength to ask for help and to enact a change. Far too often we see the problem and get comfortable in it. You have a good idea of the road. There will be good times and bad. You got this.

1 Like

Keep to it. One day, one hour, sometimes one minute at a time.

1 Like