Gimme the cope!

Do the next right thing. Sometimes I just don't feel like it. Today I woke up screaming from PTSD nightmares. I want to drink so bad. But in 7 years and 9 months I've learned how to cope when I feel like this.

It's sunny. I'm grateful for that. I soaked in the rays for a few minutes.

I put on a song I love.

I told my bf I wanna drink. He woke up for me. To sit w me. Now that's a good man!

I'm just gonna keep doing the next right thing today. So right now I'm going to get dressed and go to work.

Some days we thrive some days we just cope. And that's fine and we can do it!!!

16 Likes

Ooooh I use music tooo. You got this Agi.

I’m going to open a breakfast and lunch diner some day. Should I call it August West’s or Pearly Baker’s? Cause I’m a deadhead too and that’s one of my go to songs when I feel urges/cravings.

You are an inspiration to many of us on here. You’ve got this. We’re here for ya!

Omg Craig thanks so much!!! I love august west. Yay grateful Dead!!! Thanks a lot though

1 Like

Relax and have a great day . One thing we do is be hard on ourselves. We all have only 24 hours at a time. You got this!

Good morning! Thank you for sharing your experience, strength and hope this morning! You’ve helped me out this morning! I’m feeling really good now! Time to get this day going!

Oh thank you Steve! I like that

Hey Kevin glad I could help!

1 Like

That’s the part of of sobriety, right?

Coping is the glue the that makes our foundation stronger

1 Like

7 years! Woohoo! Thank you for your honesty and thank your bf for getting up to sit with you. I hope that you have a blessed day and a wonderful weekend. We can cope!

And what a beautiful smile you have

Good morning. Thanks for sharing this. You've helped me tremendously. I know when those days come, when I feel defeated, I can defeat the addiction.

PTSD sucks. sorry you had a tough night, but glad you are coping and have a good man on your side.

Thanks Yvonne!

Oh hi Ana! Glad I could help. We in this together

Thanks for the tips Zak

1 Like

Thanks Steven. Yes I'm lucky

It's hard what we go through but that's what meetings and the people in those meetings are for. This app is great for people like me who can't make it to a lot of meets but still need someone to talk to, to relate to. At least you have certain things in your life to keep you level headed, I hope your doing well

Thanks Alex. Yes totally. I'm doing well now yayyy!

1 Like

Yes, we are.