Fresh out of prison trying to stay sober

Fresh out of prison trying to stay sober from meth and build a life that my daughters can be proud of. Any groups in kc?

2 Likes

Do whatever you need to do to stay away from that shit. Take it from me. It will ruin everything in your life. You get a second chance you dont even know how lucky you are. Its to late for me. It will sneak up on you. I thought i had it under control and then my whole world came crashing down and i lost eveeything i loved abd cared for

Hey Ken. Please attend NA meetings and ask for a sponsor. Check out www.NA.org for available meetings. You may be able to find some local to you.

Avoid people, places, and things that are a trigger. Keep in mind that your daughter needs you sober and around. You can only do that if you remain sober.

It'll be hard in the beginning. But the longer your sober the easier it should be to handle.

You got this.

Check out CMA meetings online + AA or NA. Your local meetings might have gone digital, but perhaps some are still meeting in person too. As someone whose father was in and out of prison and addicted to heroin but never showed up for me, I can promise you that your efforts to show up for them will make a huge difference. Stay sober for you, but let them help motivate you. Wishing you the best of luck - you got this and i believe in you

Thanks they definitely r my world and my motivation

1 Like

Start new no old ppl. Places or things get to meetings hang with new

Hi Ken. Have you been able to find any meetings?